Thursday, February 11, 2010

Passing it on...

I just got back from the Women's Shelter. I delivered little goodie bags of sweet- smelling toiletries and some other things for the women and kids living there now. I tried to make the gifts look special in little red bags tied with ribbon for Valentine's Day.
When I originally talked with the Director on the phone I told her that I wanted to do this in honor of my dear friend who passed away a year ago. We talked for a few minutes today and she asked what my friend's name was. I told her a little bit about Jennifer and how she died suddenly. She said she wanted to tell the women this story because it would make the giving of the goodie bags that much more meaningful.
When I got out to my car I sobbed and sobbed. Jennifer was someone so special - giving love in her memory just felt like the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment