Thursday, February 14, 2013

4 years ago today

It has been 4 years since Jennifer passed on. This year in her honor I have collected some dog and cat food, toys and misc. for the Pierce Co. Humane Society.  Jennifer was such an animal lover, especially her little doggies who were like her babies. Valentine's Day is about love! So each year I  do something to honor her loving memory - to do with the things she loved the most.

I was thinking about Jennifer the other day when I was stressing about something or other.  Then I remembered our last phone conversation together when I had to get off the phone quickly to go to work.  If I had known then that she would be gone 1 1/2 days later I would have cherished that conversation and let her know how much I loved her. I was in a hurry and sweating the small stuff.  Most times in life 5 or 10 minutes isn't really going to make a difference about anything - really!

"Quid ad aeternum ?" is Latin for "What is it in the light of Eternity?  Does it really matter - does it really matter - does it really matter? I am reminded again to stop sweating the small stuff and focus on what really matters: my family & friends, love, the gospel, kindness, relationships, service, people in general, joy, forgiveness, hugs, peace, and love that never ends.  In the light of  Eternity my love for you Jennifer will never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment