Friday, March 27, 2009

Do you still think of Jennifer?

Yesterday Leslie (my 10 yr. old daughter) asked me, "Do you still think of Jennifer?" I told her "I think of Jennifer every day!"
I could have added:
When I want to call her and tell her my frustrations and compare parenting notes.
When I have some good news I want to share with her.
When I go shopping and I see a card or cute something I would normally buy her.
When I go shopping and I see things that say "best friend" - I need to look away quickly or I will tear up.
When I see my lilacs budding and I wonder what is blossoming in her yard.
When I wish I could ask her advice about a tough decision I am trying to make.
When I see the cute card she sent me in 2006 and has been on my desk ever since.
When I think of Aidan and wish he could feel his Mommy's hugs.
When I go back a few pages in my e-mail and there are e-mails from her.
When we pray for Jeff and Aidan every day.
When I see the birthday card I bought her a few months ago because it was perfect for her and now I don't know where to send it.
When I put on Escada Rockin Rio (I love it!) that she gave me for my birthday a year or two ago.
When I hope that she will see my new grandson who will be born anyday.

There are just too many ways that I think of Jennifer and I always will! I hope each of us will cherish the memories we have of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment