Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A joyous reunion someday!


It has only been two months since Jennifer passed on yet all of our lives have changed without her here!

I thought about her a lot last weekend because it was Easter. I felt so grateful to know that we will meet up again because of the resurrection and atonement of Christ.

The resurrection and hope of eternal life is not just a nice story, it is not just a tradition handed down by our parents, it is not just something to think about when we die. It is a promise from Heavenly Father (he is not able lie) if we make right choices in this life and repent when we mess up.

I also heard a quote from Dallin H. Oaks last Sunday. He said "...we do not lose our identity when we die." That makes sense to me! I think each one of us has distinct talents and personality that is ours for the eternities - just imagine what Jennifer must be up to right now?!

I know that if she is teaching, or serving, or being a missionary, or sewing, (too bad we can't eat or she would be cooking up something yummy), or hugging, or listening she is doing it with love and blessing the lives of other spirits around her.

As hard and sad as it sometimes still is (and will be)without Jennifer here - I know that she lives on and still loves each one of us. Love never dies!


Janey

No comments:

Post a Comment