Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Jennifer!

Dear Jennifer,
With your birthday coming up on July 11th - I wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. I never dreamed that you wouldn't be here to celebrate turning 49 years old this year. Here is what is written on the card that I picked out for you about 9 months ago:
"There's something about an old friend...
Someone who's known you through so many phases of your life...
Someone who's been there for you and loves you like a sister...
There's something about an old friend who holds a place in your heart that no new friend could ever quite replace.
Happy Birthday dear friend."

I couldn't have said it any better than this card except to add you will always hold a place in my heart.

Much love always my dear friend,
Janey

1 comment:

  1. Jen Jen ~ I it seems oddly that you are somehow nearby. I still can't grasp that you are not here, so I think you still are. I just went VT yesterday evening told told about how Aidan said you were busy, and couldn't be with him/ us right now. That's good. Always engaged in a good cause. ;) I miss you and think of you all the time. I wish you could just pop in and tell me how to bake something. You are always the first person I think to call when I need help with that....
    Something else that brought me peace in your absence: The Dallas Temple President spoke in our ward 2 weeks ago, and said that when we do baptisms for the dead that really they are very alive, just in a different realm. I like to think of you as still being very alive, very Jennifer, just in a different realm.
    Miss you girl! Have a happy birthday... however they may celebrate you!
    Love,
    Sarah and fam

    ReplyDelete