Friday, August 14, 2009

One kindness at a time

Time goes by so fast and just keeps marching along. Today it has been 6 months since Jennifer passed away.
This week I wish I could have shared with Jennifer that we got a new doggie. I know she would have been excited for us since her doggies were also like her children. She would have been excited, asked me questions and asked what my kids thought about their new dog. I can hear her happy, cheerful voice in my head.
Jennifer will never be famous, known by the media, or have a book written about her, but to those who knew her she was just as important. It was by her small, consistent acts of caring to us individually that made the difference in all our lives. One phone call, one birthday card, one hug, one recipe, one listening ear, one encouragment, one e-mail, one question, one smile at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment