Saturday, October 17, 2009


HALLOWEEN 2007




It has been two years this month since I went to Little Rock and visited with Jennifer, Jeffrey and Aidan. I had seen them 17 months before when they came to Washington for Heather's wedding. I had decided that Jennifer's friendship was too precious and fun to let more than 1 1/2 yrs or so go by without getting together. Even if it meant flying across the country. Little did I know that would be the last time I saw her alive.


I was getting out our Halloween decorations a couple weeks ago and I pulled out some of the decorations I bought when Jennifer and I went to the Garden Center. Jennifer loved to decorate for holidays, parties and entertaining! She would go all out. For each holiday I have something from her whether it's a card, decoration, or homemade bracelet she has sent over the years. It's like finding treasures when I open the boxes of holiday decorations! It meant so much to know she was thinking of me and she took the time to show it.


Aidan was into dressing up like Spider Man when I visited in October 2007. It was a couple weeks before Halloween, but he wore the Spider Man PJ's all the time anyway - he was really into everything Spider Man at that age! I've included this cute photo that Jennifer took of us.


Holidays (anytime!) are a great time to make happy memories with family, friends and loved ones. We never know when it might be the last time to be together. I'm so glad that I saw Jennifer two years ago - I have many happy memories of our time together!! Those memories fill my heart with joy even though I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment