Saturday, November 28, 2009

So thankful for you!

One night before bedtime I found myself thinking of Jennifer. I was wishing I had one last chance to say things to her that I would have liked to have said. I was missing her and wishing I could have a little sign that she was still there. The next morning as I was taking out our Thanksgiving decorations I found a Thanksgiving card from Jennifer and Jeffrey from 2000. Jennifer always added a note in her own handwriting. In this card she wrote something referring to what we had previously talked about. She said, "Jane never doubt those sweet feelings. You were so right and I had no doubt - you have always been inspired." Then she added in another color of pen, "Love you guys!!" even though she had already written "Much love" at the bottom of the card. That reminded me to never doubt the sweet feelings of love she expressed to me. She is still there and as Elder Richard G. Scott said, "only know that they (our loved ones who have died) are there and love you and care about you." I am so thankful for the richness and color she added to my life - she made my world more beautiful and meaningful by her friendship and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment