Wednesday, February 3, 2010

In Jennifer's Memory

In Jennifer's memory I decided to do a kindness or give service to someone at this time of year - every year. Since Jennifer died on Valentine's Day it seems appropriate to honor her in this way.
I wanted it to be about something Jennifer loved - the possibilities are endless! Jennifer loved family, the gospel, her pets and animals, she loved nature and gardening, girlfriends, baking and cooking, the youth, holidays, babies, crafts and sewing, looking nice, and smelling good! To name a few...
I decided to make up some Valentine goodie bags with lotion, shower gel, and body spray for a Women's Shelter nearby. This is because Jennifer loved to wear and use perfume! I am also bringing some books for the children and of course chocolate for everyone! This helps me feel as if I can still do something for her - that her love and kindness will live on.
Edward Everett Hale said, "I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."

Janey

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm sure they will appreciate the goodies! You are always such a great example of giving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janey I wanted to post this on the blog but I can only figure out how to add a comment, so here it is. This is my Valentines Gift to all Who loved Jennifer- I selected Poker Face as one of the song because no one knew how sick she was because she put on a poke face. I hope the link works as a comment. If not maybe you can delete this comment and add it as the administrator. The video is on youtube and a link on my blog www.jeffreyandaidan.blogspot.com

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ_QPOwKPF8

    ReplyDelete